How to apply and get an apartment.
Register in the UGOT queue.
When admitted to the University of Gothenburg you will receive a code. Please use it to register your application as soon as possible.
The application may take a couple of days to be approved. You will get a message when it is done.
- Choose the queue for Ugot under Our objects. Type the registration code sent to you by University of Gothenburg.
- Personal details. Tick the box “I don't have a Swedish social security number” and the box for gender, male = man, female = kvinna.
- Type your date of birth in format YYYYMMDD. If you have a Nordic social security number, you can not use that for housing application; only type the date of birth.
- Choose a user name and password of your own. You should remember the password. Fill out your permanent address in the home country. If you get an error when typing the zip code, just write a zero (0). Check that you always have the right e-mail address registered.
- Profile information. Fill out the profile information and choose the length of your lease, either one or two semesters, 6 or 12 months.
- Check the information you entered and confirm by ticking the box under “Approval”. Save the application. You get a message on the screen when the application is successfully sent to the SGS letting office.
- Verify e-mail address. When you save the application, a verification mail is generated automatically. Click on the verification link once in order to do that. The application is blocked until you verify your e-mail address.
- You receive a confirmation (welcome e-mail) when the application is completed.
If you have been waiting for the welcome e-mail for more than four working days, please contact us on e-mail to email@example.com.
If you need help with the application, please send your question to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: You can only make one registration. Do not try to create several registrations, to avoid problems with your account.
Apply for an apartment.
Go to “Vacant objects” in the menu to the left. Choose UGOT in the search filter and click for search.
Click the addresses to see details of available objects. Register interest on the object you wish to rent, then check and confirm your customer information.
If you are the first person to choose a place you will receive a housing offer sent to the e-mail address, you have registered in your application.
If you can not apply for a specific flat, the reason may be that someone else already has applied. When there are many students applying simultaneously, it takes a few minutes before the website is updated.
Before you apply for a specific object read more about the housing area under Our apartments.
Available apartments will be posted on the Ugot website Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Note that you only have a housing guarantee for one accommodation. If you refuse the offer, you have received, you no longer have a housing guarantee.
If you do not have a code.
If you have not received a registration code from the university, you may not register under the Ugot website.
Go to the SGS English website, which is for all university students, and register your application.
Pay the first rent in advance.
Students should pay the first monthly rent in advance. The payment should be registered on your account at the SGS before the starting date of the contract.
The rent is always due in advance. When you have accepted the housing offer, you will be able to see your rent account under My pages on the SGS' website.
The invoice for the next month appears under My pages, My housing, the rent at the end of each month.
You find the Payment instruction here.
Please check the payment registration under My pages, the rent, after 8-10 working days.